Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit- Black
- 2013-2020 Subaru BRZ
- 2017-2020 Toyota 86
- 2013-2016 Scion FR-S
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patent Pending billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Filter and robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
More from Mishimoto:
- The Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit is designed and engineered for your BRZ/86 to eliminate harmful blow-by vapors from re-entering your engine. The FA20 in the BRZ/86 utilizes a slightly different type of direct injection system that also uses port fuel injectors to help reduce carbon buildup. Even though carbon buildup isn’t as severe as most direct-injected engines, there is still enough that you will need this catch can kit to help your boxer engine run its best.
- Thousands of test miles were logged on a Subaru BRZ to determine what can setup would work the best. Mishimoto engineers found that with most vehicles, placing the catch can in the vacuum-assisted PCV system of the vehicle will yield the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving, while a catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the front of the engine will yield nearly no accumulation on stock or modified vehicles. Having only one catch can tied into the PCV system on the back of the engine will, by far, work the best for the vast majority of BRZ/86 vehicles on the road. Mishimoto engineers found that a second catch can on the crankcase vent side only benefits vehicles with forced induction.
- The Mishimoto BRZ/86 catch can kit uses the Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a bronze filter and internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. It also includes one direct-fit mounting bracket that is extremely easy to install and fits right-hand drive as well! The BRZ/86 catch can kit comes with two direct-fit, pre-molded hoses for ease of installation. The hoses are designed to fit right onto the 10mm PCV valve and into the 12mm port on the intake manifold. Two CNC-machined aluminum, ½” barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. And, like every Mishimoto oil catch can, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
- Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.