Akrapovic Ferrari 488 GTB/488 Spyder Slip-On Line (Titanium) w/ Carbon Fiber Tips
- 2016-2019 Ferrari 488 GTB 3.9L Tubro
- 2016-2019 Ferrari 488 Spider 3.9L Turbo
- Akrapovic latest supercar exhaust is for the Ferrari 488 GTB – one of the most technologically advanced cars the Italian marquee has ever produced – and the Slovenian performance exhaust manufacturer has developed a system to take this impressive car to new levels of excitement.
- Akrapovic successfully developed a system for the Ferrari 458 Italia and Spider, but the task of creating a performance exhaust for the new 488 GTB was a completely different challenge and one that the Slovenian factory rose to with impressive results. Using state-of-the-art manufacturing and design techniques, plus the latest innovations in materials and sound engineering, Akrapovic has produced an exhaust that reduces weight, increases power, and offers a unique soundtrack.
- The Slip-On Line exhaust has been constructed using high-grade, ultra-lightweight special titanium alloys, with parts cast at Akrapovic's in-house foundry, providing a weight reduction of 35.2% over the stock exhaust. To release the power from the Ferrari's V8 turbo engine, the Slip-On Line has larger-diameter tubes to assist airflow and a different system configuration to lower backpressure, all designed to increase the performance levels of this already impressive car.
- Akrapovic's sound engineers have also worked intensely to create a tone perfectly suited to the car without raising the levels. The appearance of the system is finished with a carbon-fiber outer sleeve on the tailpipes, all designed to increase the look of the exhaust and the rear of the Ferrari 488 GTB.
- Constructed using high-grade, ultra-lightweight special titanium alloys – with parts cast in Akrapovič’s in-house foundry – providing a weight reduction of 35.2% over the stock exhaust. Larger-diameter tubes assist airflow and a different system configuration lowers backpressure to increase performance and power outputs. It is ECE type-approved and comes with easy-to-install instructions. It is finished with a carbon-fibre outer sleeve on the tailpipes. Especially when combining the Slip-On system with the optional stainless-steel link pipe sets with or without catalytic converters, it emphasizes the character of the Ferrari V8 (flat-crank engine) sound with the unique Akrapovič note.
- An optional Akrapovič Sound Kit is available to control the different sound settings.
- When installing Akrapovič optional link pipe set with or without catalytic converters, remapping the ECU is mandatory.
More information from Akrapovic:
- A pioneer in its field, Akrapovič is widely recognised as a highly innovative materials technology company. The brand is synonymous with the highest level of design, performance enhancement and the creation of an unmistakable deeply resonant exhaust sound. The company’s products are designed and manufactured for motorcycles and performance cars by a passionate and highly-skilled workforce of over 1000 employees using the latest technology, processes and finest materials. The Racing R&D department works with dozens of racing teams. Over 100 world champions have already relied on Akrapovič exhaust systems. And this is just the beginning of a long exciting ride.
- Every component of an Akrapovič exhaust is carefully designed and constructed by a highly skilled multidisciplinary team of industrial designers, engineers, and architects; they meet challenges every day, combining a technical solution with an attractive, modern, and state-of-the-art design and taking it to the next level. This demonstrates that boundaries in the design world can be broken, leading to many impressive and prestigious honours for the ground-breaking exhausts the company has produced − including Red Dot product design awards. Akrapovič has received true recognition of all it has accomplished.
- Our signature hexagonal muffler took the world by storm when it was introduced to the motorcycle market in 2005. A new conical muffler represented a new level of evolution; it provides a sharper racing sound and faster acceleration. In recent years, new designs of our exhaust systems and composite parts have been developed with new innovative shapes and effects. More is yet to come – stay tuned!