Akrapovic 2018+ BMW M2 Competition F87N Slip-On Line (Titanium) w/Carbon Fiber Tips
- 2018+ BMW M2 Competition (EXCLUDES 2016-2017 M2) (Competition ONLY)!
- The latest addition to the BMW M series is the awe-inspiring M2 Competition, an exquisite high-performance car that can be made even better by adding an Akrapovič Slip-On exhaust system. Made from titanium – with some parts cast in Akrapovič’s own foundry – this system will reduce exhaust system's weight by over 45% and deliver extra power and lower backpressure. The sound has also been enhanced by Akrapovič’s engineers, delivering a true sporty tone especially in the middle and upper rpm range but without any droning. Carbon-fibre tailpipes give an added look to the rear of the M2 Competition to display its sporting potential. Performance can be further increased with the addition of optional evolution link pipe set. To set off the system to its visual best, optional carbon-fibre diffusers and mirror caps are also available.
- The system is a simple plug-and-play operation to fit, and it has been designed to meet ECE type approval
- The optional Akrapovič Sound Kit (P-HF1177) is also available. If upgrading the slip-on system with evolution link pipe, the optional Akrapovič Sound Kit P-HF1177 is not needed - specially developed Akrapovič Sound Kit is already included within the evolution link pipe set. With the use of optional Akrapovič Sound Kit, the ECE homologation is not valid anymore.
- For installing the slip-on system, the stock exhaust system has to be cut. Please read the instructions carefully before the start of the installation.
- The system was developed on BMW M2 Competition (F87N) equipped with OPF/GPF, however it fits both versions (OPF and non OPF). ECE type approval is only valid for cars equipped with OPF/GPF.
More information from Akrapovic:
- A pioneer in its field, Akrapovič is widely recognised as a highly innovative materials technology company. The brand is synonymous with the highest level of design, performance enhancement and the creation of an unmistakable deeply resonant exhaust sound. The company’s products are designed and manufactured for motorcycles and performance cars by a passionate and highly-skilled workforce of over 1000 employees using the latest technology, processes and finest materials. The Racing R&D department works with dozens of racing teams. Over 100 world champions have already relied on Akrapovič exhaust systems. And this is just the beginning of a long exciting ride.
- Every component of an Akrapovič exhaust is carefully designed and constructed by a highly skilled multidisciplinary team of industrial designers, engineers, and architects; they meet challenges every day, combining a technical solution with an attractive, modern, and state-of-the-art design and taking it to the next level. This demonstrates that boundaries in the design world can be broken, leading to many impressive and prestigious honours for the ground-breaking exhausts the company has produced − including Red Dot product design awards. Akrapovič has received true recognition of all it has accomplished.
- Our signature hexagonal muffler took the world by storm when it was introduced to the motorcycle market in 2005. A new conical muffler represented a new level of evolution; it provides a sharper racing sound and faster acceleration. In recent years, new designs of our exhaust systems and composite parts have been developed with new innovative shapes and effects. More is yet to come – stay tuned!