Akrapovic Evolution Line Cat Back Exhaust (Titanium) w/ Carbon Fiber Tips
- 2017-2018 Mercedes-Benz GT 4.0L Turbo (R190 Generation)
- 2016-2018 Mercedes-Benz GT S 4.0L Turbo (R190 Generation)
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz GT C 4.0L Turbo (R190 Generation)
- The Evolution Line (Titanium) takes these cars to heightened levels of auditory excitement, enhanced performance, and stunning good looks, all with a perfectly sculpted exhaust made from ultra-lightweight titanium alloys that reduce the weight from the stock exhaust by over 46%. Finished with hand-crafted carbon-fibre tailpipes, this exhaust has a stunning soundtrack and that unique Akrapovič signature. The sound is controlled by a complex X-connection, cast in the in-house titanium foundry, with a precisely machined valve flap to alter the tones, which can be controlled with a console button inside the cabin or by the Sound Remote Controller of the optional Akrapovič Sound Kit. When the X-connection valve is open, the exhaust system delivers a more continuous, smooth, and harmonic sound for a more comfortable ride, and in closed mode the acoustics have been maximised to give the cars a pure sporty and intense muscle-car V8 roar. Power and torque levels are increased throughout the entire rev range. It is ECE approved, so no re-map or other parts are needed and it is a simple plug-and-play installation.
- Fitting information for GT/GT Roadster models: the Evolution system only fits cars equipped with the AMG Performance exhaust.
- Fittment notice:This system does not fit on vehicles equipped with Otto particulate filter (OPF).
More information from Akrapovic:
- A pioneer in its field, Akrapovič is widely recognized as a highly innovative materials technology company. The brand is synonymous with the highest level of design, performance enhancement and the creation of an unmistakable deeply resonant exhaust sound. The company’s products are designed and manufactured for motorcycles and performance cars by a passionate and highly-skilled workforce of over 1000 employees using the latest technology, processes and finest materials. The Racing R&D department works with dozens of racing teams. Over 100 world champions have already relied on Akrapovič exhaust systems. And this is just the beginning of a long exciting ride.
- Every component of an Akrapovič exhaust is carefully designed and constructed by a highly skilled multidisciplinary team of industrial designers, engineers, and architects; they meet challenges every day, combining a technical solution with an attractive, modern, and state-of-the-art design and taking it to the next level. This demonstrates that boundaries in the design world can be broken, leading to many impressive and prestigious honours for the ground-breaking exhausts the company has produced − including Red Dot product design awards. Akrapovič has received true recognition of all it has accomplished.
- Our signature hexagonal muffler took the world by storm when it was introduced to the motorcycle market in 2005. A new conical muffler represented a new level of evolution; it provides a sharper racing sound and faster acceleration. In recent years, new designs of our exhaust systems and composite parts have been developed with new innovative shapes and effects. More is yet to come – stay tuned!