Mishimoto Direct Fit Oil Catch Can Kit, PCV Side- Black
- 2016-2019 Ford Focus RS
- Direct Fit
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patent pending billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Fits with Mishimoto Petcock Drain Kit
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
More from Mishimoto:
- The Mishimoto Focus RS Baffled Oil Catch Can is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, a common issue with direct fuel injection engines. Mishimoto engineers found that with most vehicles, placing the catch can in the vacuum-assisted PCV system of the vehicle yields the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving. A catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the left side of the engine will yield very little accumulation on stock or lightly modified vehicles.
- Having only one catch can tied into the PCV system will, by far, work the best for the vast majority of Ford Focus RSs on the road. The Mishimoto Focus RS catch can kit uses the patent pending Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a 50-micron bronze filter and an internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. The kit comes with two direct-fit hoses that connect the catch can with the crankcase and intake manifold. It also includes one direct-fit mounting bracket that is extremely easy to install and mounts the can in a serviceable location, right next to the engine’s oil drain plug! Two aluminum, 3/8” barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. Like all of our products, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
- Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.